Digital video technology provider Ooyala has released a Video Index report that reveals insights into the growing popularity of online video.
Highlights from the report include:
- 1 in 4 Americans watched a video on an Ooyala-powered site in Q4 2011.
- Ooyala delivered videos to more than 5,000 domains.
- Video plays in more than 130 countries.
- For every one video shared on Twitter, more than 10 were shared on Facebook.
- People play videos more often on smartphones (60%) comapred to tablets (40%).
- Audiences are more engaged when watching video on tablets compared to desktops, rating 45 percent more likely to complete at least 75 percent of videos played.
- Tablet video audiencess watched 21.9 percent longer per video in Q4 2011 compared to Q3 2011.
“The dramatically increased engagement with IP-delivered video creates opportunities on a massive scale for publishers and brand marketers,” says Bismarck Lepe, co-founder and president of products for Ooyala. “Understanding the changing dynamics of multi-device video consumption is key to delivering a more personalized experience for consumers while creating new revenue streams and growing audiences. Ooyala unlocks this knowledge in a way that is highly actionable and mission-critical to our customers’ success.”