Twice as many publishers are satisfied with their Facebook traffic as compared to Twitter, Instagram and Reddit traffic according to VigLink and Netpop's recently released Publisher Roundtable report.
The study revealed many interesting insights including:
- Audiences are growing: 6 in 10 visitors are new, rather than repeat visitors
- Search engines account for 40% of all traffic for blogs/sites
- 76% of publishers with a high percentage of new visitors receive traffic via SEO
- 81% of publishers with a high percentage of repeat visitors receive traffic via social media
- 99% of all publishers receive traffic from Facebook, but only 41% are satisfied with the traffic they receive from the site
"Publishers face enormous daily challenges trying to establish an audience and grow their businesses. We're pleased to partner with Netpop to support publishers of all sizes with the benefits of professional market research services usually reserved for only the largest companies," said Oliver Roup, CEO and founder of VigLink. "Participation in Publisher Roundtable has exceeded our expectations and we look forward to uncovering insights into additional areas of interest."
The report also featured an interesting map of the blogosphere, giving publishers some inspiration on how they might be able to evolve their content creation efforts.