State of the Blogosphere
Posted on 02.06.2006
- share this
More and more websites are utilizing weblogs as WSM mentioned in its issue one
the Ride; The Weblog Bandwagon."
David Sifry from
Technorati has posted his first update this year on the state of the
blogosphere. Surprising to few will be the note that "the blogosphere is over 60
times bigger than it was only 3 years ago."
The following is from the summary about the state of the blogosphere:
- Technorati now tracks over 27.2 Million blogs
- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 5 and a half months
- It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
- On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
- 13.7 million bloggers are still posting 3 months after their blogs are
- Spings (Spam Pings) can sometimes account for as much as 60% of the
total daily pings Technorati receives
- Sophisticated spam management tools eliminate the spings and find that
about 9% of new blogs are spam or machine generated
- Technorati tracks about 1.2 Million new blog posts each day, about
50,000 per hour
- Over 81 Million posts with tags since January 2005, increasing by
400,000 per day
- Blog Finder has over 850,000 blogs, and over 2,500 popular categories
have attracted a critical mass of topical bloggers
blogs, weblogs, technorati, david sifry
Discover the Tactics and Techniques of the Top Digital Enterprises
today in Website Magazine's Special Spring Issue - Web 100.
Become a Member
Not already a part of our community? Sign up to participate in the discussion. It’s free and quick.