Google News Myths Debunked
Posted on 04.03.2008
- share this
Google posted yesterday on the secrets of securing placement in one of the most
coveted media spots on the Web in Google News.
The purpose was to debunk some of the common myths and share some of the facts.
I've had the fortunate opportunity to see a few of articles make their way into
Google News and while the traffic is not all that one might expect, it's
certainly noteworthy if just for the branding value alone.
Google New Myths:
- Having an image next to your article improves your ranking
- Timing the publication of your article improves your article ranking
- There's no way to see why my articles weren't included in Google News
- Publishing a sitemap helps my rankings
- If I put AdSense on my site, my article rankings will improve
Truths of Google News:
- Updating an article after posting it will create problems with Google
- Articles that are just images or video won't be included
- Redesigning my site may affect my coverage in Google News
Google has created a
Truths and Myths post on the support group for more extensive
Discover the Tactics and Techniques of the Top Digital Enterprises
today in Website Magazine's Special Spring Issue - Web 100.
Become a Member
Not already a part of our community? Sign up to participate in the discussion. It’s free and quick.