Core and Expanded Search Rankings: Comscore
Posted on 06.20.2008
- share this
Comscore released its May 2008 U.S. Core Search Rankings, and once again, Google increased their market share, reaching 61.8 percent total share - up from 61.6 percent the previous month. Yahoo ranked second with 20.6 percent share (up from 20.4 percent the prior month), followed by Microsoft Sites (8.5 percent), AOL (4.5 percent) and Ask Network (4.5 percent). Amercian conducted 10.8 billion core searches
Honorable (and not so honorable) Mentions:
- Google was assisted by YouTube, which had a 11 percent increase in search queries.
- Mapquest (an AOL property) fell slightly (just 1 percent)
- eBay remained constant, no percentage change
- MySpace (Fox Interactive Media) made a 12 percent increase in search (sure to be bolstered by the new redesign)
- Craigslist continues to impress with a 15 percent increase
- Facebook shows strong growth with an 8 percent increase
Discover the Tactics and Techniques of the Top Digital Enterprises
today in Website Magazine's Special Spring Issue - Web 100.
Become a Member
Not already a part of our community? Sign up to participate in the discussion. It’s free and quick.