Opt-out of Google Adsense For Domains
Posted on 07.21.2008
- share this
Google will be spending some time in court (or at least writing checks to their
lawyers) soon, defending itself against lawsuits for fraud stemming from its
parked domains program. My experience with Adsense for domains (or any
advertising campaign on parked domains) is really suited for those with massive
budgets that use the opportunity to secure brand recognition and mind share as
opposed to generating a return on advertising spend through sales or leads.
If you're not looking to advertise directly on parked domains, consider
opting out of the Adsense for Domains program by using the Site and Category
Exclusion tool. To exclude parked domain sites:
1. Sign in to your AdWords account at
2. Make sure the Campaign Management tab is selected.
3. In the shaded area beneath the tab, click Tools.
4. Select Site and Category Exclusion.
5. Choose the campaign whose exclusions you'd like to edit from the
Campaign drop-down menu.
6. Select the Page Types tab.
7. Check Parked domains.
8. Click Save all exclusions
Discover the Tactics and Techniques of the Top Digital Enterprises
today in Website Magazine's Special Spring Issue - Web 100.
Become a Member
Not already a part of our community? Sign up to participate in the discussion. It’s free and quick.