Technorati's David Sifry has announced the 2008 State of the Blogosphere. Along with data from the service's massive database of bloggers, Technorati also conducted a survey of some of their registered subscribers, asking questions about how respondents blog and more. Nearly 1300 individuals from 60 countries replied to the survey. Here are some of the most interesting highlights from the report.
- Technorati is currently tracking 133 million blogs
- 7.4 Million blogs have posted in the last 120 days - just 5.5% of all blogs tracked by Technorati.
- 1.5 Million blogs have posted at least once in the last 7 days.
- There are now, on average, 900,000 blog posts tracked every 24 hours. That means that Technorati is tracking 37,500 new blog posts per hour, or 10.4 new blog posts per second!
From the survey of Technorati bloggers:
- The majority of bloggers we surveyed currently have advertising on their blogs. Among those with advertising, the mean annual investment in their blog is $1,800, but it’s paying off.
- The mean annual revenue is $6,000 with $75K+ in revenue for those with 100,000 or more unique visitors per month.