The benefits of permission-based email marketing campaigns extend far beyond e-commerce transactions and have a significant impact on purchasing behavior and consumer loyalty in the bricks and mortar world, according to research from Epsilon.
Key survey results by the numbers:
- 57% of consumers feel they have a more positive impression of companies when they receive email from them;
- 40% said that simply receiving email has a positive impact on their likelihood to make a future purchase from a company;
- 71% remember email communications when making purchases at the sending company’s website;
- 50% said they’re more likely to buy products from companies who send
them email, whether their purchases are online or at a place of
- One-third said they usually visit sites directly instead of clicking on an email link.
“The consumer insights from our Branding Study demonstrate the importance of email marketing as part of a multi-channel communication strategy. Email builds loyalty and brand awareness and drives on- and off-line behavior,” said Kevin Mabley, senior vice president, Epsilon Strategic Services. “While many elements of digital and email marketing are measurable, there are other impacts that cannot be represented by merely by click-thru rates or online purchases.”
[Upgrade to a professional-level membership from Website Magazine]