Mobile advertising platform AdMob has discovered that twive as many paid apps were downloaded per user on the apple App Store compared to the Android Market.
The July 2009 Mobile Metrics report (which surveyed 1,000 users of iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices) indicated:
• Each month, Android and iPhone users download approximately 10 new apps, while iPod touch owners download an average of 18 per month
• Over half of Android and iPhone users spend more than 30 minutes per day using apps
• More than 90 percent of Android and iPhone OS users browse and search for apps directly on their mobile device
• Users who regularly download paid apps spend approximately $9 on an average of five paid downloads per month
• iPhone represented 60 percent of US smartphone usage in AdMob’s network in July 2009, followed by RIM and Android devices at 13 and 12 percent, respectively
Stay up to date on the latest Internet trends:
Request a professional subscription to Website Magazine,
the most popular print publication on Web success.