Email marketing service provider MailerMailer released its tenth Email Marketing Metrics Report and it contains some valuable information about recent open rate trends (based on industry and list size) which will prove immensely valuable to online marketers.
Interesting findings in the report include:
- Overall unique open rate has decreased to 11.2% over the past year
- Open and click rates are the highest on Sundays
- Subject lines of 35 characters or less tend to receive 52% higher open rates
- Bounce rates can drop below 1% as mailing frequency increases
- Personalized messages get about 7% higher open rates
- 75.8% of total opens are expected in the first 24 hours
"Email marketing is a great business tool because of the ability to track your success," say CEO Raj Khera. "This report gives professionals the information they need to gauge performance and determine what improvements will lead to better performing email campaigns."