Google's AdMob recently released data about global mobile ad impressions, and where they are being seen. It turns out, the majority of mobile ads are viewed in North America (43%) followed by Asia (33%).
What is surprising is that Western Europe accounts for just 15% of all AdMob ad impressions. Of course, this is just one mobile ad network -- although AdMob does have one of the widest reaches out there.
Some other interesting findings include:
- The UK (33%), France (17%) and Germany (12%) drove more than 60% of all ad impressions from Western Europe, where all countries experienced more than 400% growth. In comparison, North America saw 266% growth.
- India (26%), South Korea (13%) and Japan (12%) accounted for more than half of all ad requests from Asia.
- Five countries in Asia - South Korea, Japan, China, Singapore and Thailand - had growth rates of more than 1,000% in 2010.
- Brazil’s growth in 2010 far outpaced that of any other country in the region at 1,251%.
- South Africa (21%), Nigeria (21%) and Egypt (12%) led Africa's 81% overall growth.