Adobe has announced the immediate availability of Creative Suite 6 software, which includes the new releases of Photoshop, InDesign, lllustrator, Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash Professional and other products. The CS6 product line also includes four suite versions – Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium; Creative Suite 6 Design Standard; Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, and Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.
Adobe Creative Cloud, a subscription-based, new way of providing tools and services for Web designers, is expected to be available on Friday.
“We announced Creative Cloud and CS6 two weeks ago and these releases have caught the imagination of creatives everywhere,” says David Wadhwani, Adobe’s senior vice president of digital media business. “Today we're shipping CS6 and look forward to the beginning of an exciting new era as we introduce Creative Cloud later this week.”
Top new features across the CS6 product line include the following:
• New levels of performance with tools that take advantage of Adobe Mercury Graphics functionality.
• Enhanced user interfaces designed to simplify workflows.
• New capabilities designed to streamline the creation of responsive content.
Adobe Creative Cloud membership delivers the following services:
• Access to download and install all CS6 applications, new HTML5 desktop products – Adobe Muse 1.0 and Adobe Edge preview – and deep integration with Adobe Touch Apps.
• Easy storage and sharing of content across desktop, mobile devices and the cloud.
• Integrated website publishing and hosting.
• Ongoing innovation that provides members with the most up-to-date products and services.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are immediately available through Adobe Authorized Resellers, the Adobe Store in North America and Adobe Direct Sales. Estimated street price for the suites is $2,599 for CS6 Master Collection, $1,899 for CS6 Production Premium, $1,899 for CS6 Design & Web Premium, and $1,299 for CS6 Design Standard. Upgrade and education pricing as well as volume licensing are available. More information is available here.
Adobe Creative Cloud membership is available to customers in 36 countries and in multiple languages. Pricing for Creative Cloud membership for individuals is $49.99 per month based on annual membership and $74.99 per month for month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of $29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available. Education pricing is available. More information is available here.