ProtoSphere 2.0, the newly released version of ProtonMedia's enterprise collaboration software, is designed for large-scale global businesses in areas as varied as life sciences, insurance, health care, tech, consumer products, energy, manufacturing and more.
Organizations can use ProtoSphere 2.0 to create an always-on virtual workspace to bring together partners and coworkers (and their content) from around the globe at a moment's notice. This improves the "effectiveness of knowledge transfer, learning, and social engagement," while providing greater insights on context as it relates to critical information about business-related matters.
The software can be deployed in an organization one of two ways: As a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (Saas) or traditional on-premise installation.
Among the new features included in version 2.0 are:
- Deeper integration with Microsoft Unified Communications and Collaboration offerings
- Enhanced integration with SharePoint 2010
- Enhanced media boards
- "Build Your Own World:" the ability to create a customized "virtual room" for collaboration sessions
- Better moderator controls
- An updated and improved user interface
- Usage reporting and monitoring features
- secure authentication with federated services
ProtoSphere 2.0 is available for purchase through ProtonMedia direct sales and some select systems integrator partners.