Each and every day, Website Magazine editors profile some of the most interesting, exciting and useful software solutions for Internet professionals in pursuit of digital success. There is so much activity in the "software" space however, it's not uncommon to miss something now and again. Don't worry - we got your back! Check out a few recent items you may have missed from our Software Everywhere channel.
- Gamification pioneer Bunchball announced in late May that it received a patent which covers the "embedding of a portable and customizable incentive application" on a website - in other words, gamification as a service.
- Open-source video platform Kaltura announced availability of Kaltura REACH, a video discovery, search and accessibility suite. The solution includes captioning, transcription and translation services, in-video and cross-library search and discovery, deep-linking capabilities, as well as metadata and keyword extraction.
- Mobile image-recognition platform Blippar has acquired augmented reality (AR) pioneer Layar, giving Blippar a massive footprint in the AR space and the ability to provide insights on user preferences regarding interaction with above-line media, product packaging and in-store shopper marketing.
- Big-data startup Tamr launched - with more than $16 million in new financing from Google Ventures and New Enterprise Associates - to help businesses enrich internal data sources and external public data sources, as well as feeds from the Internet of Things. The platform combines machine learning algorithms with human guidance to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the variety of data often siloed in the enterprise.
- Scheduling software solution Pingup has released a mobile API that enables directories and other software providers to add live-booking capabilities to business listings. The platform is a large network of bookable businesses nationwide with over 30,000 properties in more than 200 business categories.
- SaaS service Hi.diplo has launched, a Web service that provides a single working area to manage the history of events relating to development projects, and is an ideal solution for those that use git as a Source Code Management (SCM) tool.
- The Mindjet platform has introduced MindManager Meetings Jetpack, a package of tools and templates to help enterprises improve meetings by making them more "collaborative, efficient and action-oriented."
- E-commerce service provider SLI systems, which provides a suite of solutions for site search, merchandising and product recommendations, has expanded the number of languages it supports from seven to 14, making it available to a broader range of e-commerce businesses in the Americas, EMEA and Asia.
- Web-based sales enablement tool Workface has released an HTML5-based chat application which promises an improved experience for agents and customers from all platforms and mobile browsers.