With what some say will be the biggest Drupal release yet, digital experience company, Acquia, is announcing immediate availability to support sites built with Drupal 8, the newest version of Drupal, still in beta.
Acquia gained early access to support Drupal 8 because of its heavy involvement with the Drupal community and the development of D8 and is prepared to fully support Drupal 8 with enterprise products, services and technical support for the open-source Web content management platform.
"Drupal 8 on the Acquia Platform provides broader capabilities for both simple and complex sites than any other alternative,” said Tom Erickson, Acquia CEO. “Though Drupal 8 is still in beta, our team is focused on mitigating any and all risks with using it. We've helped many organizations go live already on Drupal 8 with the careful guidance of our expert developers and security specialists. We will be assisting with resolving key issues in our customer projects, ensuring their success as we have for the thousands of existing customers we have."
Drupal 8 provides more than 200 new capabilities for customers including:
• Re-imagined authoring experience. Drupal 8 provides a new content authoring experience, designed to help authors quickly and easily create content.
• Mobile-first. The entire Drupal 8 user interface has been made responsive, allowing content authors to publish content on any device.
• Content as a service. Drupal 8 provides an API approach to content delivery, allowing content to be made available everywhere, including websites, mobile devices, native applications, digital screens and the Internet of Things.
• Simplified deployment. Drupal 8 incorporates many of the most widely deployed modules from previous versions of Drupal into its core, speeding time to web for site builders.
• Go global. Quickly translate sites into any language. Drupal 8 is multilingual throughout.
• Developer productivity. Drupal 8 provides extensive enhancements for developers, including RESTful APIs, object-oriented development, simplified configuration management, improved unit testing support, and more.
• Improved performance. Drupal 8 includes caching improvements that speed the delivery of personalized, dynamic content.