Softaculous, a developer of hosting auto installer software, recently released version 4.0 of its application deployment system. The new updates patch up some of the program's bugs and add some new features and functions.
For those unfamiliar with the software, it was designed by Softaculous to be integrated into control panel software, such as cPanel, Plesk, Interworx and DirectAdmin, and is used by webmasters to quickly and efficiently install and update the scripts for various tools for blogs, forums, wikis and more. Some of the applications made available through Softaculous include WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and phpBB, among many others.
Some of the new features added to version 4.0 include:
- The Enduser home page will now show the top 15 scripts with a new user interface
- New email customization templates
- A new Hook is included on the update email notification sent to users
- Added sprites for script icons to facilitate faster loading
- Script icons in the list installation page
The new version includes many more features on top of a number of bug fixes.
Softaculous software is available in both free and paid options, which offer 59 and 259 apps, respectively.