Three-way linking

Latest post 07-06-2009 9:58 AM by JamesM. 5 replies.
  • 06-30-2009 4:48 PM

Three-way linking

Do you leverage a three-way linking strategy? If yes, do you fear you might receive a penalty? And if no, will you consider it in the future? Please share your thoughts with other Website Magazine readers now.

• 06-30-2009 8:27 PM In reply to

• MarianM
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-08-2009
    • Largo, FL
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Re: Three-way linking

When I receive 3-way link exchange requests, I repond back that I do not partake in 3-way link exchanges.  Currently, I do not involve my website with any 3 way link exchanges, and will not even in the future.  It is amazing how so many of my 3-way link exchange requests come from SEO Companies.  If you know what to look for in the normal/correct link exchanges, your site can still grow in the SERPs - you do not need to go around the system and try to fool the search engines.  Marian, (LINK REMOVED) North Georgia Cabin Rentals, Cabins for Rent in Blue Ridge GA

• 07-01-2009 7:03 AM In reply to

• Pinoy Ako
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-24-2009
    • Nailsworth, Australia
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Been in a few three way link exchanges in the past, both inadvertently and conspired, they seem to work good for a while, but then the without warning the link-love and authority is gone, along with some pagerank. I think Google is smarter than that, they can easilly detect a 3-way link; now social networking links magnify the order of probability and the difficulty of detection, I think that's the way to go; 100-way links, 1000-way links, 10,000-way links; get ya head around that Mr Brin.

• 07-01-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

You don't use 3 way links but would dump a real estate link in a comment on a blog about Internet marketing?

I use 3 ways if a) they are on different class c's and they are themed to your site and they still work if you use that approach IMO.

• 07-01-2009 10:30 AM In reply to

• MarianM
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-08-2009
    • Largo, FL
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Yes, I would enter my Cabin Rental Link on this website, because it is a reputable website and one that is thought of highly by seach engines.  I would not get banned or penalized for mentioning my site here, but would eventually by being involved in 3 way links.  I can't afford to be banned or penalized, but maybe you can. 

• 07-06-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

• JamesM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-19-2008
    • Washington Court House, OH
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I have created a series (10 or 11 of them) of mini sites that were to drive traffic to my main website...each one is an informative document about a particular portion of the printing industry and the equipment that is involved. Can I use the three way linking in that aspect by just pointing to the main site and then to the next mini-site on the list and then in turn that mini-site would link to the main site and the next mini-site on the list?

Is that considered the same as the three way linking because each site just points to the next and the main site...? Can I get penalized for this...?

Is there a better way, say putting all of the links from all of the mini-sites on each mini-site and also links to the main site?

Thanks,

Jim MacDonald

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

999 E Touhy Ave
Des Plaines, IL 60018

Toll Free: 1.800.817.1518
International: 1.773.628.2779
Fax: 1.773.272.0920
Email: info@websitemagazine.com

Facebook

Twitter