6 Cyber Monday Tips
This year, 56 percent of holiday shoppers expect to do at least some part of their holiday shopping online, according to the National Retail Federation.
To help retailers develop strategies ahead of the busy season, Ryan Donovan, VP of commerce at Sitecore, provides six tips for merchants to deliver relevant, personalized shopping experiences and to scale their sites to support the demands of Cyber Monday shoppers. (Cyber Monday is Dec. 1.)
• Connect the dots on and offline: Leverage beacons to give users immediate access to more information about the products in front of them or use QR codes to expedite manual processes.
• Separate content from context: Develop content that can be reused across channels to save time and increase efficiency.
• Deliver a responsive mobile experience: A responsive website is key to engaging customers across touchpoints, and should be a priority over developing a mobile app.
• Support multiple payment solutions: As we’re seeing the waging battle unfold between Apple Pay and currency, retailers must support multiple mobile payments solutions to avoid losing customers.
• Performance test, performance test, performance test: Prepare for the significant increase in Web traffic volume by performance testing in advance. Don’t be the retailer who loses customers due to poor site maintenance.
• Drive conversions through SEO and search marketing: Stand out from the crowd by being discoverable through a solid SEO and search marketing strategy.