Holiday Website & Promotion Refresher
So while we've yet to celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving here in the U.S., it does not change the fact that the Holidays are approaching quickly and that now is the time to fine tune your website and its marketing efforts. Last year I wrote a very popular post which still rings true - "Holiday Website Promotions: Are You Ready?". Read that post now or take a gander the quickie refresher guide I threw together below (just a synopsis of the original). With online retail sales expected to increase 20 percent from last year to a total $39 billion, you'll need to make every effort to do things the right way.
- Create Holiday-Specific Landing Pages: Minimal effort, maximum return. Even a few holiday themed images can go a long way towards putting people in the holiday spirit and increasing conversions.
- Offer a Holiday Promotion: Free shipping is one popular way (which has got a lot of attention thanks to a recent BizRate study) but how about free gifts or discounts for regular customers?
- Help Your Customers: Give online shoppers a reason to buy more; suggested items, related products, even most popular or supplementary products can provide a big boost to your bottom line.
- Don't Let Them Get Away: While registration on your e-commerce enabled site should not be mandatory, doing so means you'll be able to contact them after the holiday rush and start off the new year with a bang.
- Know When to Expect Traffic: Online shoppers do their good deed at various times. Customize the shopping experience accordingly (Canadian Christmas, U.S. Christmas, Kwanzaa and Chanukah all fall at different times).
The following are a few great reads about readying your Web presence for the holiday season:
- The Ultimate Guide to Adapting Your PPC Campaign for the Christmas Season
- Tips for Getting Your Website Ready for the Online Holiday Shopping Season
- Is Your Site Search Ready for the Holiday Season?
- 10 Holiday Tactics to Improve Sales in 10 Weeks
- Have you written a Web holiday related post?
Share it with Website Magazine.