Neighborhood-Based Local Search Filtering and Mapping
Maponics announced the full release of Maponics Neighborhood Boundaries™, a very cool neighborhood map polygon database which could significantly improve the way businesses offer local search. Users of the solution are able to offer search filtering and mapping based upon the most user-friendly city geography unit - the neighborhood.
Maponics provides neighborhood boundary data to be used with your internal
GIS (geographic information system) or interactive mapping site. These
neighborhood boundaries are not just collections of ZIP Codes but rather
hand-drawn polygons of each neighborhood in hundreds of cities. This data
includes the latitude/longitude coordinates for every point in each polygon.
The database includes all latitude and longitude coordinates for each neighborhood polygon and is specifically designed for easy integration into Google™, Yahoo!®, or Microsoft® map mash-ups or into back-end data analysis applications. Unique features include:
- Hand-drawn neighborhood map polygons, not aggregations of ZIP Codes or Census Tracts
- Neighborhood boundaries validated by over 1000 real estate agents
- Continuous city neighborhood data maintenance
- Ongoing addition of new cities
- Delivery in shapefile, ASCII, or other formats for easy integration
- Many auxiliary tables relating neighborhood maps data to ZIP Codes,
school districts, etc.