RSS Promotion Pointers
Promoting your RSS Feed correctly is crucial when trying to grow the number of subscribers to your site. What extra steps can you take to profit from the whole RSS revolution? Well, promoting your feed effectively and posting regularly to keep your content fresh is essential. Below are a few pointers to help you with the promotion aspect of your feed.
- Make it simple to subscribe to your feed. Supply different options for users to add/subscribe to your feed (i.e. My Yahoo, My Msn, etc.).
- Explaining what a feed is and how it can be beneficial to your audience, partition a small section on your website solely for this purpose.
- Write articles and be creative in the way you go about distributing them. Not only would this demonstrate that you are an expert in your field but it will also enable readers/subscribers to come to trust you and your writings.
- Submission- Submission-Submission! Keep up with new directories and submit your feed. Online directories will always draw in possible subscribers looking for information that you have to offer.
- Promote your feed using emails! Simply add a small excerpt with information to your feed in the signature of your email, with this you are increasing your chances at exposure and possible new subscribers.
- Content! Over and over again you will come across the importance of adding fresh content to your blog. Fresh content will keep your readers interested and possibly pass the word to others. RSS feeds need to attract both new subscribers as well as keep old subscribers interested in what you have to offer.
Try new angles see what marketing techniques work- always try something new.
Test and see what does and doesn't work. Subscribers are sure to follow shortly.
Subscription To Website Services Magazine
The only magazine for website success...