Top 100 Ad Campaigns - Short and Sweet
AdAge.com released their list of the top 100 advertising campaigns of all time. A look at the top 5 says it all:
- Volkswagen, "Think Small", Doyle Dane Bernbach, 1959
- Coca-Cola, "The pause that refreshes", D'Arcy Co., 1929
- Marlboro, The Marlboro Man, Leo Burnett Co., 1955
- Nike, "Just do it", Wieden & Kennedy, 1988
- McDonald's, "You deserve a break today", Needham, Harper & Steers, 1971
Clearly the one thing that all of these successful campaigns have in common is simplicity. For website owners, this should serve as a great reminder for your branding tactics. Especially important in a click world, simple, concise and memorable is the golden ticket to making your site and you business stand out. With so many millions of choices out there, your website should grab a user's attention and hold them while they explore further. Pages with information overload will create back-clicks and end up costing opportunities. Above all, ad copy should be direct, yet informative so the user gets a clear picture of what you do, how it benefits them and how they can obtain your products or services.