Top Web News Stories : Week Ending 8-17-2007
The following are the top voted Web news stories on Share.WebsiteMagazine.com for August 17th, 2007. Share the news (industry articles, blog posts, tutorials and more) that you find important and noteworthy at Share.WebsiteMagazine.com.
- Internet Usage Trends Widget by Hitwise: Hitwise, announced the launch of a new Hitwise Widget featuring online usage trends from Hitwise To Go, an RSS-based service that provides statistics on online usage behavior for the US, UK and Asia Pacific markets.
- Microsoft says its Web search on positive trajectory: Microsoft Corp. said on Monday its Web search business remains on a "positive trajectory" with plans to roll out several updates over the next 12 months.
- Does Flickr Image Hosting Hurt Blog Traffic? In recent months, I've switched over to using Flickr for image hosting for Technology Evangelist rather than hosting the images on the TE server. This has some advantages which I'll outline below, but also may have a disadvantage worth considering.
- ICANN Calls For Feedback On Domain Tasting: Domain tasting, the controversial practice of buying Internet domains and returning those that fail to generate type-in traffic before the registration bill comes due, has proven to be enormously profitable at scale.
- Google Pack now includes Star Office: In what looks like a direct jab at Microsoft, Google includes Sun Microsystems' office productivity suite Star Office to their free bundle of PC software called Google Pack.
- How to Get Started with Eye Tracking: How do customers use my site? What areas of the page are customers focusing on and what content engages their attention?
- Reciprocal Linking will get you BANNED! According to the new Google Webmaster Guidelines regarding Search Engine Optimization, “Web sites are no longer permitted to exchange links” which is one of the fundamental practices on the internet (which predates Google BTW).
- OPA Analysis of Time Spent Online: According to the Online Publishers Associations, Internet users are spending nearly half their online time visiting content, a 37% increase in share of time from four years ago.
- 20 Ways to NAVIGATE to Higher Conversions: Well designed and implemented navigation assists in the process of helping visitors identify sections and pages of the website that interest them and then in moving them in that direction.
- Set up quick SMS reminders with PingMe: Web site PingMe operates under a simple concept: You tell it what you need to be doing and when, it pings you when that time comes, reminding you of your task.
- Six Apart Releases Movable Type 4: Blogging software and services company Six Apart on Tuesday released Movable Type 4, a new version of its popular online publishing software.
- TimeXchange:Timesheets Web 2.0 style: For over a month I've been utilizing TimeXchange for time tracking, project organization and task management; although there are a few bugs here and there with the service, it has been a tremendous help with our companies organization & reporting.
- Exploiting webmaster vanity in search engine marketing: Give webmasters and bloggers some link love in order to make them discover your site!
- Is The MBA Overrated? Our surprising research suggests that few execs who hit the very top have the degree.
Top Posts On Website Magazine: