WM Link Round Up: 10-23-07
Website Magazine staffers have been putting the finishing touches on our upcoming anniversary issue which is slated for arrival in early November. Now that I have a few minutes of downtime before the next issue, I thought I would share a few links that caught my attention today that I am positive readers will appreciate.
Image Flip Corner For Your Website: You know you've seen them and wondered how you can do the same. Well, all you had to do was ask. The link goes to a tutorial so you can learn how to create an advertisement flip corner to the top right of your website.
New Window Generator: Creating pop-up windows might not be your idea of a fun Tuesday evening, but it is for me. The link goes to an incredibly easy online generator to customize pop-up windows with a variety of properties. Be careful - with great power comes great responsibility.
And you'll definitely want to check out the top stories submitted to Website Magazine Share today (it's what WM staffers are reading and what you should probably be reading as well):
- Talkster Launches Calling Application for Facebook Users
- How Many Site Hits? Depends Who’s Counting
- Google’s Purchase of Jaiku Raises New Privacy Issues
- AOL launches new mobile services
- Social Search: Get Better Search Results with StumbleUpon
- Four Ways to Expand your Widget / App Footprint
- Top 10 US Social-Network and Blog Site Rankings Issued
- The Challenges of Social Media in the Enterprise
- Where is my Commission Check?
- AdaptiveBlue Feeds the Top-Down Semantic Web with Automatic SmartLinks
- What are a Startup’s key assets?
- Is Search Still Worth It?
- Comcast to face lawsuits over BitTorrent filtering
- JupiterMedia Predicts Holiday Increase in Online Retail
- Google Sitelinks Increase the Value of Generic Domains, ... by a Lot
- Statistical machine translation live
- Microsoft adds Web-based Office to university suite
- Lawsuit targets Facebook mobile texting
- Featured Early Adopter Download: Instantbird 0.1 is Like Firefox for Chat