ZOHO Business: Google Office Apps Killer?
As I mentioned last week, Zoho is a powerful online office suite and in my
opinion a real game changer. Zoho has an intensely useful set of applications
for both individuals and businesses to take advantage of, but today the company
is taking everything a bit further by seperating the personal from the
Zoho will continue to offer a personal set of applications free for use (Zoho Personal) but will be launching Zoho Business, which will bring multiple Zoho applications under a single umbrella and provide an administration console to manage users, domains, groups, etc. "We have said several times that we wanted to be the IT Department for SMBs and this is our first step towards that," said Raju Vegesna on the official Zoho blog.
For a modest (not finalized yet) $40/user/year fee (a few dollars less than Google Apps for twice the functionality), users of the new offering will receive:
- Company level Admin Console
- Domain Management (for pointing your domains to Zoho Apps)
- Centralized User and Group Management
- Single Sign-on across several Zoho Apps
- Zoho Apps include Writer, Sheet, Show, Wiki, Notebook, Email, Cal, Tasks, Planner, Viewer, Chat etc.
- Customization Options (upload your logo)
- Multiple levels of Security including SSL
- Remote Backup
- Telephone Support