Adobe Launches Integrated Video Content and Ad Service
Adobe has unveiled the Web industry’s first fully integrated video technology platform designed to enable smooth, TV-like experiences for ad-supported videos across Internet-connected devices.
Code-named Project Primetime, the new platform delivers premium video and ad content consistently across all major platforms, including Apple iOS, Google Android, desktop operating systems and connected TVs. Shown for the first time at the IAB Annual Leadership Summit and Mobile World Congress, elements of Primetime will be available throughout 2012.
Primetime creates a single, end-to-end workflow that interconnects Adobe streaming technologies, content protection, analytics and optimization with the recently acquired Auditude video advertising platform. This integration enables premium video providers to give customers a superior viewing experience through seamless dynamic ad insertion into any content type, whether linear, live or on-demand across Web-connected devices.
Major components of Primetime include the following:
• Adobe Auditude provides an ad management and monetization platform for high-quality advertising experiences, allowing publishers and media companies to increase the value of their content across connected devices, while also lowering operational costs.
• The Adobe Digital Marketing Suite is an integrated portfolio of analytics and optimization products that provide insight into the performance of digital marketing initiatives and allow marketers to personalize those initiatives for greater relevance and engagement.
• Adobe Access helps content owners, distributors and advertisers content protect premium videos and more securely deliver them to connected devices.
• Adobe streaming technologies serve rich media content across platforms including Apple iOS with a choice of powerful protocols that help save significant bandwidth costs and lighten network load.
• Adobe Pass verifies a user’s entitlement to content in a manner that is both simple and secure.
• Primetime Highlights, Adobe’s new video publishing offering, integrates a Web-based video clip editor with Adobe Auditude, enabling a single workflow for creating and monetizing live video clips on the fly.
Primetime is being showcased to broadcasters and media companies starting immediately and is expected to be available in 2012 with support for Windows, Mac OS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Samsung Smart TVs and other platforms. The individual products and technologies of the platform continue to be available as separate offerings. Adobe Access support for iOS is expected to ship in spring 2012.
For more information and a demo video Adobe’s Digital Media blog.