Are You a Social Media Superstar?
With billions of users, it’s no wonder 81 percent of small and medium-sized businesses are using social media (source: LinkedIn). Sure, SMBs are active in trying to acquire and retain customers on networks like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, but many are simply following the crowd and not doing much to propel their companies forward.
It’s not enough, however, to just be in the social game; social media superstars are those dominating it – analyzing and optimizing every post, pin, tweet and update to improve business results. Test your own social media superstardom in Website Magazine’s Quiz Time.
Spoiler alert: The answers are highlighted and are in bold below:
1. What percentage of marketers has integrated their social media and traditional marketing activities?
a. Answer: 83 percent
b. 15 percent
c. 35 percent
d. 61 percent
2. What social media network do marketers want to learn the most about?
b. You Tube
d. Answer: Google+
3. How do nearly three out of four companies measure the business value of social marketing?
a. Organic reach
c. Answer: Engagement metrics (comments, responses and shares)
d. They don’t track ROI
4. In a sample of 200,000 websites, what two social networks drove the most website traffic (20 percent combined) from Sept. – Dec. 2013?
a. Answer: Facebook and Pinterest
b. Facebook and Twitter
c. YouTube and Twitter
d. Google+ and LinkedIn
5. Which of these statements is true of social media marketers with more than two years’ experience:
a. They spend the majority of their time marketing on Facebook and Twitter
b. Their weekly time commitment for social media is greater (six or more hours a week) than those with less experience
c. They report substantially better results compared to those with less experience
d. Answer: All of these statements are true