Bizo & comScore Prove the Value of Business Audiences
A big, new merger in the world of e-commerce consumer analytics was just announced today when Bizo went public about a recent collaboration with comScore.
Bizo is the world's largest targeted business-to-business audience targeting platform and advertising network, while comScore is considered a global leader in measuring the digital world and digital marketing intelligence.
The goal of the merger, according a press release by Bizo, is "to demonstrate how Bizo's business audiences are uniquely valuable and actionable consumer segments." Essentially, what they're trying to say is that by combining their talents as a B2B platform and digital analytics company, respectively, they should be able to analyze the role that business audiences have as consumers and approximate their value.
In a recent study conducted by the two firms, Bizo's audience was indexed against comScore's database, which measures online consumer behavior in the U.S. What comScore studied was the likelihood of key business audiences to either purchase or seek out information on specific goods and services online. While B2B marketers have factored in business demographic targeting into their advertising campaigns for a long time, some of the new knowledge accrued from this study will give marketers new and more accurate ways to reach their target audiences on the Web.
Appropriately referred to as the comScore Bizo Index, this new data will provide great insights into business audiences through the use of "bizographics," otherwise known as the anonymous business demographics of business professionals at work (such as industry, job function, company size, seniority, etc.). Bizo currently reaches around 80 percent of the U.S. business audiences online, which allows bizographics to cover a wide range of data from many different businesses and industries.
The pairing of bizographic data with comScore's acumen in the field of online consumer behavior allows Bizo to reveal its audience segments as "particularly desirable and effective consumer purchasing segments." This new, precise and validated information will give marketers ample and efficient access to their target consumers.
Among the major findings in the study are:
- Bizo's Tech Professional audience is 580 percent more likely to buy Computer Hardware online
- Bizo's Operations audience is 468 percent more like to buy Consumer Electronics online
- Bizo's Nurse audience is 101 percent more likely to search for Health Care Information online
- Bizo's Marketing audience is 112 percent morel likely to visit Airline sites
- Bizo's Business Services audience is 147 percent more likely to visit Car Rental sites
- Bizo's Finance audience is 149 percent more likely to visit Online Travel Agents
- Bizo's Executive audience is 132 percent more likely to visit Online Trading sites
- Bizo's Micro audience is 232 percent more likely to buy Shipping Services online
- Bizo's Government Elected Officials audience is 304 percent more likely to visit Job Search sites
- Bizo's Business Professionals audience is 167 percent more likely to buy Mobile Phones and Plans online
As a part of the study, comScore has attempted to index every major Bizo audience segment against their comScore panel by three divisions: demography (e.g., gender, age, household income, education), website visitation by category (e.g., technology news, real estate, financial information) and online purchases (e.g., computer software, mobile phones, shipping services).