Customer Service Performance Analysis
Research from customer relationship management (CRM) software provider SuperOffice reveals that 41% of companies do not respond to customer service emails.
Previous industry research has suggested that a majority of businesses believe they provide excellent customer service, but it is rare that customers/consumers agree.
SuperOffice wanted to find out if this was true so they conducted their own customer service performance analysis of 500 companies, both large and small organizations, around the world. Researchers sent an email template to each company with two questions and scored results on how fast the companies responded, the support content, quality and tone of the response.
Before the study, SuperOffice hypothesized that most companies would deliver great service, smaller companies would manage service better than larger ones and all companies would respond quickly to customer service requests.
Key findings from the study include:
- 41% of companies do not respond to customer service emails
- 90% of companies do not acknowledge or inform the customer that an email has been received
- 99% of companies do not follow up with customers to see if they are satisfied with the response
- Only 11% of companies are able to answer questions in the first reply
- The average response time to handle a customer service request is 15 hours and 17 minutes