Demandware Expands Cloud Strategy with DCM
E-commerce software as a service (SaaS) solutions provider Demandware has announced Digital Commerce Management (DCM), the next generation of the company’s open cloud strategy to manage all digital interactions between brands and consumers.
DCM enables retailers to design, build, manage and deliver highly branded consumer experiences into any Web-enabled channel, application and device. The strategy is delivered entirely in the cloud, which removes the burden of infrastructure maintenance and redirects retailer and branded manufacturer resources toward brand engagement, innovation and more profitable operations.
Eighty-seven percent of retailers surveyed by Forrester Consulting acknowledged they have to improve their existing multi-channel capabilities to serve the new and digital consumer. DCM details a clear path forward for retailers, and is a public declaration of Demandware’s past and future vision for its product, solutions, services and partner ecosystem strategy.
Over the past 18 months, Demandware has worked toward its DCM vision by making portfolio enhancements that include the following:
• Open Commerce APIs: Cross-channel integration to syndicate and synchronize critical commerce information such as promotion, price, order, customer record, content and images to anywhere consumers and store associates interact with web-enabled devices.
• Commerce Center: The new application enables merchants to manage commerce via an intuitive user interface and seamless workflow that provides single view into digital operations across channels.
• Product Content Management: Retailers operationalize data directly within the Demandware Commerce platform to source, manage and control product information across digital media -- within the context of user experience versus back office application.
• LINK Partner Ecosystem: More than one hundred pre-integrated technology and certified solution partners extend capabilities of the Demandware platform to cover all direct-to-consumer requirements.
• Cloud Infrastructure: The extension of the global network to support the growing number of international operations by continually scaling its cloud infrastructure.
“Retailer success in this dynamic consumer environment is predicated on technology. And we heard loud and clear that retailers expect commerce technology providers to do a better job solving business problems, delivering better products, and accelerating innovation,” says Tom Ebling, CEO of Demandware. “Our company was built on openness, innovation and mutual success. DCM is not only a strategic response to the industry’s challenge, but transparency regarding the vision for our portfolio.”