DevCon5 Offers Interactivity, Website Magazine Discount
Executives and developers from Adobe, appMobile, Mozilla and Nickelodeon are just some of the speakers at DevCON5, which runs from July 24-25 at The Kimmel Center on New York University’s campus in New York City.
The conference provides attendees with ideas, best practices and information to enhance their skills and develop tactics to build HTML5 pages and apps. The event also offers opportunities to network with colleagues and the HMTL community. Additionally, hands-on demonstrations are among the event highlights, which has not always been the case.
“This is our third year, and from the first year to the third year, the thing that is very visible is how much code is out there now that wasn’t there before,” said Carl Ford, Crossfire CEO and DevCon5 Content and Community Executive Director. “When we did this show, most people were talking theoretically, and there were a few people with experience, but the browsers weren’t ready. Now, we are at a point, when people are showing stuff, they’ve already deployed it.”
Ford also says that most presenters provide actual code, GitHub references and meet-ups for where people can gather to continue to develop projects.
“Overall, it’s an interactive group that believes code sharing is a good idea,” said Ford.
Attendees can expect to learn about:
• HTML5’s capabilities, limitations and future potential
• How HTML5 can improve user experiences without Flash
• The impact of HTML5 beyond just video
• How to balance user demands with simplicity and power
• How to create “delightful” and sustainable user experiences with HTML5
• The impact of HTML’s universal experience on unique devices
• Gaming’s impact on HTML5
• How to develop a mobile Web strategy based on HTML5
• HTML5’s impact on acquisition strategies
• How to enable browser security
• Who will win the browser wars
Early bird registration for DevCon5 runs now through April 1. Website Magazine readers can receive a 20 percent discount when registering for the event by using WM as the discount code.