Did You Know? 9 Surprising Statistics About SEO
:: By Travis Bliffen, Stellar SEO ::
Undoubtedly you have heard that SEO is a great marketing strategy. It is cheaper than many other channels of advertising and it sends a targeted message to the right audience.
When you start preparing or refining your marketing strategy for 2015, I think you will find the following statistics will make the decision to implement SEO a very easy one.
1. Almost half of companies that implement inbound marketing efforts see a 25 percent greater ROI than companies that do not. –CRM Daily
2. Leads generated through SEO close at around 14.6 percent while leads from other channels close at an average of 1.7 percent. –HubSpot
3. Seventy-ninety percent of clicks on Google Search results go to organic results (with some companies reporting as high as 94 percent of clicks going to organic results). –Nielsen
4. The #1 organic result gets nearly twice as many clicks as the #2 result. –Chitika/ Search Engine Land
5. U.S based inbound marketers that spend more than $25K per year save about 13 percent on the cost per lead with inbound marketing when compared to outbound. –State of Inbound Report
6. Inbound marketing delivers 54 percent more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound tactics. –Square2Marketing
7. In Nov. 2013, SEO accounted for almost 40 percent of website traffic vs. 23 percent of traffic coming from social media. –Shareaholic
8. When compared to PPC, SEO has a lower cost over the life of a service or product. –Polar Design (case study)
9. Up to 65 percent of potential SEO clients are confused about what SEO is or think it is a scam. –WallaRoo Media
Moral of the story is, that if your site isn’t getting any organic traffic, attempting SEO and getting penalized will not lessen that number so get out there and give it a go.
Are there any statistics about SEO that you have heard and find to be shocking or confusing? Tell us about them below!
Author Bio: Travis Bliffen is the founder of Stellar SEO, a search marketing and design agency located near St. Louis, Mo. Travis loves researching and writing about SEO strategies and implementing innovative strategies for his clients. Connect on Twitter @theseoproz.