Did You Pay Attention in 2014?
It has already been 11 months since the ‘Net was flooded with digital resolutions and virtual business predictions for the year ahead. Fortunately, 2014 didn’t disappoint.
The Web technology world saw many changes, innovations and trends this year, including the arrival of new generic top level domains (gTLDs), Foursquare’s surprising decision to split up its mobile app into two separate ones, eBay spinning off PayPal, and Google and Facebook rolling out more changes than most Web professionals can keep track of. In fact, 2014 brought so much change that anyone who took a week off may have quickly found themselves out of the virtual loop. Discover how well you were paying attention to the year’s biggest and most important developments by taking Website Magazine’s quiz on this year’s top tech moments.
Spoiler alert: The answers are highlighted and are in bold below:
1. How much has overall inbound message volume increased for brands on social networks in the past year?
a. 100 percent
b. 39 percent
c. Answer: 77 percent
d. 12 percent
2. Which new gTLD went live in 2014?
a. Answer: .bike
3. What is the name of the new app Foursquare announced in May?
b. Answer: Swarm
4. What is the name of Google’s local algorithm update that launched in July 2014?
c. Blue Jay
d. Answer: Pigeon
5. Which social network did Amazon team up with in May 2014 to enable consumers to add items to their shopping carts via hashtags?
d. Answer: Twitter