Skip to Main Content

Drag & Drop Your Way to Creating Games in HTML5

Posted on 7.09.2014

If quantity is any indicator, gaming applications are the clear winners in Apple's App Store. In 2013, the Games category accounted for more than 153,000 apps, which is 50,000-plus apps ahead of the second-place category, Education.

Traditionally, developers looking to capitalize on the mobile gaming craze need three things: time, money and coding knowledge. Thanks to WiMi5, however, prospective game makers just need to know how to click a mouse.

WiMi5 has announced the creation of a cloud-based game platform that allows developers to create games in HTML5. The new platform provides many benefits to developers including drag-and-drop controls and cross-platform compatibility.

WiMi5 is risk free for developers in the sense that there is no initial charge to use the platform. However, as games accrue revenue, WiMi5 is entitled to take 30 percent while developers hold on to the other 70 percent.

As for the benefits, drag-and-drop controls allow developers to create the game visually instead of having to imagine what the code is creating. Cross-platform compatibility is perhaps the greatest feature of WiMi5. No matter if a user is on their PlayStation 4, iPhone or Windows desktop they can play the game. Games can also be downloaded as a native app on mobile devices.

 SUBSCRIBE FREE to Website Magazine - 12 Issues 

“We are democratizing the creation of cross-platform casual games by unlocking the potential of HTML5 to be the foundation of Web-based gaming,” said WiMi5 CEO Raúl Otaolea. “WiMi5 takes casual game design to the next level, making it even simpler for designers to build a game, publish it across multiple sites and create a potential revenue channel in three easy steps.”


Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Leave Your Comment

Login to Comment

Become a Member

Not already a part of our community?
Sign up to participate in the discussion. It's free and quick.

Sign Up


Leave a comment
    Load more comments
    New code