A word on e-tailing
Via Jason Caplain's blog Southeast VC, Carrie Johnson's (of Forrester) talk last week at eTail (a multi-channel retail event) featured some interesting highlights worth noting.
- As prices of technology are falling, the number of users online are
increasing, but average household income is falling
- The number one reason that prevents some people from shopping online is they do not want to enter in personal information. The second reasons is that they actually want to touch the product.
- Online sales should reach 200 billion this year, 40 billion of which is travel related.
- As sales slow, companies selling online need to realize that it will be about stealing away market share from competitors.
- Shopping cart abandonment is pretty high, over 50%
Del.icio.us Tags: ecommerce, retail, forrester, caplain, online shopping