GlobalSign Rolls Out MSSL v2
GlobalSign, the Certification Authority and specialist in SSL Certificate security, announced last week the launch of MSSL v2, the new version of their Managed SSL platform.
The company has found success in the certification field by offering publicly-trusted SSL Certificates, EV SSL, Managed SSL services and Code Signing for use on all platforms, including mobile. The first version of MSSL was GlobalSign's unique SaaS platform, and their upgrades have come as a response to both direct user feedback and the changing requirements of enterprise security.
The new version will provide user-friendly and highly-scalable methods for managing mulitple SSL Certificates for everything from the simplest to the most complex and distributed of organizations.
Among the new updates to MSSL are:
- Support for group companies/distributed entities: Now, a single umbrella entity can register all of its companies, branches and departments and have them easily centralized for management and billing purposes.
- Intuitive user interface: They've created a much simpler layout that is easy to use and lets the users quickly access functions and reports. Also, crucial information like pre-vetted domain pools and Certificates nearing expiration are clearly presented on the homepage. These changes are all based on direct user feedback.
- Expanded public ordering pages: With optional password protection and Pay-As-You-Go support, even heavily-distributed organizations can centralize Certificate applications by using these new pages, which allow anyone within the group to apply for a Certificate.
- Granular user rights: Permissions for users are now able to be assigned at the domain and company levels, allowing control over which staff members can apply for, approve, renew and revoke Certificates.
- Exportable audit logs: Any and all user activity will now be logged and exportable, which is a necessity when it comes to meeting increasingly rigorous compliance requirements.
As a service to customers and prospects, GlobalSign recently hosted a special webinar that included a virtual tour of the new features and functions of MSSL v2. To view the webinar, or just get more information on the Managed SSL platform's upgrades, simply click here.