Google Ad Manager Out of Beta
After what seems like a nanosecond in beta, Google's Ad Manager is open to the public. The system is designed to help streamline your ad inventory and make sure that you're not wasting money on underperforming or wrongly targeted ads. There are some new features that have been added as well. We first covered Ad Manager in March, during the beta release.
From the Google Blog:
We've been busy since March; in addition to supporting thousands of new publishers on Ad Manager, we've been adding new features including:
- Interface available in 32 languages: Do you prefer to work in Turkish or Vietnamese or Hungarian? Now you can! Ad Manager supports international currencies, too.
- Ad network management: Easily manage your third-party ad networks in Ad Manager to automatically maximize your network driven revenue.
- Automatic macro insertion: Save time and avoid tagging errors since Ad Manager now automatically detects and inserts macros from most popular 3rd party vendors.
- Creative preview on live site: Preview the look and feel of ads on your live site to ensure ads look as expected before you start the campaign.
- Day and Time Targeting: Don't want your orders to run on weekends? No problem. With day and time targeting, you can set any new line items you create to run only during specific hours or days, or as little as 15 minutes per week. Use day and time targeting in addition to geography, bandwidth, browser, user language, operating system, domain and custom targeting.