IBM: Black Friday Sales Up 7%... So Far
It’s Friday afternoon on the busiest shopping day of the year, so we decided to check in to see how the retail industry is holding up so far.
According to IBM data, Black Friday sales are up by more than 7 percent as of 12:00 pm EST when compared to the same time last year. Let’s take a look at some other early findings:
• Average order values are coming in at $142.33.
• Mobile traffic has accounted for 37 percent of all online traffic, which is up 36 percent compared to 2012.
• Mobile sales account for 21.5 of all online sales so far.
• iOS devices has driven 17.5 percent of total online sales while Android has driven 4 percent.
• iOS users are spending an average of $131.52 per order compared to $113.13 for Android.
• Shoppers referred from Facebook are averaging $93.73 per order, while Pinterest referrals are averaging $103.30 per order.
• Facebook referrals are converting to sales two times more than Pinterest referrals.