Identifying the Top Marketing Priorities
What are marketing executives’ and digital advertisers’ top priorities in 2014? Impact Radius wanted to know too.
Its recent, “Voice of the Industry Survey” reveals executives and marketing teams have four main priorities: mobile, personalization, attribution and productivity. According to Todd Crawford, Impact Radius co-founder and vice president of strategic initiatives, savvy marketers are looking to mobile to reach the always-on, always-connected consumer and will be leveraging this medium to deliver personalized ads, offers and experiences.
Key findings from the survey include:
- Offering the best mobile experiences to customers is very important to marketers. Thirty-four percent have made it a priority to improve customer interactions on all mobile devices this year.
- 49 percent of marketers increased their mobile ad budget in 2014.
- 66 percent of marketers believe accurate and comprehensive revenue attribution is of high importance.
- A majority of marketers have historically relied on last click credit; however, 54 percent are considering alternative methodologies to better understand the true value contributed by each channel.
- 55 percent of marketers use four or more different platforms to manage their marketing efforts, introducing inefficiencies across departments. For this reason, 42 percent of marketers have made it a priority to save time and money by finding better tools that support productivity and collaboration.
- 36 percent of companies have implemented a tag management solution and an additional 21 percent are evaluating solutions this year.
- Marketers consider personalization through better targeting a priority in 2014. Forty-six percent of marketers increased their tetargeting ad spend this year.
It should be noted that the respondents to the Voice of the Industry survey represented 140 marketing executives, directors and managers at leading advertiser brands and agencies.