Job Candidate Expectations Demand Talent Management Solutions Adapt
Cloud-based talent management and HR solution SilkRoad released the 2016 edition of its annual Top Sources of Hire report and it provides some interesting insights into employee acquisition strategy effectiveness.
- Indeed delivered more than six times as many interviews as CareerBuilder, the next largest external source
- Moreover, Indeed yielded nearly two and half times as many hires as all the other top branded external sources combined, e.g., CareerBuilder, Craigslist, LinkedIn and Monster
- Employee referrals dominate recruiting among internal sources, producing 40 percent of interviews and 37 percent of hires, while ranking number one for hires among all the sources in the study
- The two top job search engines—Indeed and Simply Hired—accounted for the lion’s share of external online recruiting activity, namely 62 percent of interviews and 59 percent of hires
- Not yet deceased, job boards still comprised approximately 22 percent of all sources in the study, delivering 18 percent of interviews and 12 percent of hires
“Changes in accessibility and candidate expectations demand that talent management adapt—especially regarding candidate sourcing,” said John Westby, vice president of corporate marketing at SilkRoad. “From a universe of sources, professionals are challenged to make intelligent selections to tap the right talent pipelines and optimize their recruitment budgets. SilkRoad’s Top Sources of Hire report helps ease those challenges.”