Local Online Advertising Tips
As small business owners become aware of the cost-effectiveness and other benefits of local online advertising over advertising in traditional media outlets, their curiosity is often tempered by their unfamiliarity with this form of marketing. Achieving success with local online advertising is not that difficult once you’ve learned a few techniques.
The hard part is getting started, finding out what works, and using this type of marketing to drive local business to your website and your door. This article will outline some local online advertising tips that you can use to get started and maximize the effectiveness of each ad.
Tips that Save Time, Money, and Help You Connect with your Customers:
- Successful local online advertising solves a problem – No matter what goods and services are provided by your business, pique your readers’ interest and get them to click on your ad by helping them solve a problem.
- Consider your target audience – This should be uppermost in your mind at all times. What demographic do you want to reach? What are their needs? What is the best way to connect with them? Determining your target audience is the foundation for success of any local online advertising.
- Start slowly and keep it simple – Start with a few online ads and chart their conversion rates to see what works and what doesn’t. Avoid ads that are too flashy and distracting. Colorful animations can turn off more people than they attract and simple, straightforward text ads often produce better results.
- Write clearly – In the copy of the ad and the landing page, write in a lean style that gets right to the point. Remember that most people scan ads and web content rather than read it word-for-word.
- Make every word count – You have a finite amount of space for your ad copy so choose your words carefully and make every one count. Eliminate unnecessary words like ‘in’, ‘of’, ‘on’, ‘or’, etc.
These local online advertising tips will help get you started promoting your business and connecting with the people who are looking for the goods and services offered by your business online every day!
About the Author: Nick Stamoulis is the President of the Web Site Marketing Company, Brick Marketing and Brick Marketing who is the “Local Thursdays” weekly contributor and blogger of the Social Marketing Journal.