Media Temple Answers Slow Site Prayers
A new update from Media Temple could be the answer to your Web hosting prayers.
The hosting company's platform, Grid, is now up to six times faster and a whole lot more reliable. As you likely know, faster websites are better at retaining visitors, but they also allow Web workers to focus on other aspects of managing a website, such as design and content. Take a look at some of Grid's new features below:
- PHP FastCGI has been deployed, which helps PHP-based websites load faster.
- Google’s PageSpeed has been implemented to improve page load times.
- PHP has been upgraded to 5.5.
- Managed backup and restoration is now available via CloudTech, allowing customers to opt for a one-time full site restoration or scheduled backups.
- CloudFare is fully integrated and available from customers’ account centers, which makes it easy for them to manage website security settings.>
- SmartPool, Media Temple’s shared database server, has increased capacity and speed with Solid State Drives (SSDs) maintaining performance regardless of the resources used by other customers.
“Delivering simplicity and high performance to our customers is one of Media Temple’s key objectives,” said Demian Sellfors, co-founder and CEO of Media Temple. “We are constantly improving and upgrading our products any way we can.”
In fact, Media Temple is continuously looking for new ways to improve performance both on the software and hardware level, which means that customers should keep their eyes out for more upgrades and new features over the next few months.