Mobile in China – Growth and User Behavior
China stands to be a major force in the mobile market in the coming years – some would argue that it is already quite important. Just how important however few really grasp until now. According to AdChina, mobile Internet usage has surpassed that of the PC in the land of the rising sun.
The Chinese Internet advertising platform shared some very interesting mobile-related data today in its “China Mobile User Behavior Report 2012.” Highlights include:
- Users aged 19 to 34 represent 71 percent of the mobile market in China
- The percentage of those using smartphones has risen 13 percent year over year
- Android has the highest user base, followed by Symbian and iOS
- 73 percent of mobile users will or have clicked on mobile ads
- 82% of mobile users have downloaded brand apps via different channels