Mobile Platform Could Cause Bridezilla Shortage
Planning a wedding is stressful, to say the least. Fortunately, today's busy brides can now tackle their prenuptial to-do lists within the David's Bridal My Event interactive platform, now available as a mobile experience, thanks to mobile and multi-channel technology provider, Usablenet.
This platform provides brides with a way to seamlessly and quickly plan for their “big day” and engage with their bridal party (and as any bride or bridesmaid can attest, is a feat in itself), all while on the go.
“Planning a wedding can be an extremely time intensive and often overwhelming task, especially today with so many disparate wedding websites, blogs, and applications,” said Johanna Runyon, Director of Digital Content at David's Bridal. “We set out to create a seamless mobile experience that allows busy brides to efficiently tackle all of their planning from anywhere, at any time.”
Many of the new mobile My Event features can be used as inspiration for other enterprises:
• My Event Sign-on: Allows brides to sign on via My Account to create a profile, create or view their event and participate in other events hosted by friends.
• Social: Brides can log in through Facebook and invite their friends/bridal party to ensure everyone is connected and informed of important dates and upcoming appointments in an exclusive, private environment.
• Newsfeed: The bridal party’s place for real-time updates and discussion of all wedding planning details, including the ability to upload new products and write a message to the wedding party.
• Interactive Shopping Lists: Brides can create shopping lists for themselves, their bridesmaids or others, and keep track of everyone’s purchases.
• Mood Boards: Brides can view a popular feature on desktop – the mood boards – and share on mobile.
• Customized Task Lists: Brides are constantly planning, shopping and sharing – all of which can be organized, shared and tracked through the task list.
• Budget Planner: Brides can stay connected to their budget plan and ensure milestone deadlines are met.
• Shopping: Brides can shop on the David’s Bridal site, its affiliates and other online stores all from one location.
“When building a mobile experience it is crucial to really understand what the customer wants in the mobile context. The modern bride is both mobile and social, and wants to share her experience. David’s Bridal recognized that its customers needed an experience that would allow them to plan, track and communicate the details of their ‘big day’ in the most seamless way, even from their mobile phone,” said Carin van Vuuren, CMO of Usablenet. “We’re delighted to partner with David’s Bridal to deliver this experience.”