'Net Advertising News of Note
Welcome to July 2014! If you've been struggling to keep up with all the important digital advertising news that has been happening recently, Website Magazine has got your virtual back - serving up some of the most interesting developments in the 'Net advertising space over the past few weeks that might have just flown under the radar. Do you have some news to share? Make sure to send it over to Website Magazine editors (email@example.com).
- Metamarkets has announced the launch of a real-time analytics platform for programmatic advertising, enabling exchanges such as Chartboost, Flurry, Inneractive, Millennial Media, MobPro, MoPub, OpenX, Smaato, and Vungle to visualize events as they happen and hare live analytics with clients and partners.
- Facebook announced that two new remarketing enhancements have been added to its advertising offerings. The improved remarketing capabilities include multi-product ads (where marketers can showcase three products within a single ad unit) and three new changes to Custom Audiences.
- Millward Brown Digital recently unveiled new 'Publisher Impact' metrics to quantify a site's brand perception, power and differentiation - components of the ad experience that the agency believes should be given consideration equal to audience and reach in digital ad buying.
- Google announced that it acquired video advertising company mDialog, indicating it will soon incorporate the technology into its DoubleClick product suite to help publishers monetize their video content.
- Adblock Plus, a popular browser extension for blocking online advertisements, announced that its users can now stop Facebook's unrequested tracking by activating a special block list (that just so happens to have grown by 70 percent in the past year).
- Twitter says its MoPub ad network now reaches more than 1 billion iOS and Android users every month. The social network/platform recently began rolling out its mobile app promotion ads - units that take users to app downloads or to the apps themselves if installed.
- Digital video ad solution YuMe has partnered with Moat, an MRC-accredited brand intelligence and analytics company, to provide video viewability measurement for the company's brand advertisers.