New Volusion Features Focus on Customer Satisfaction
E-commerce software provider Volusion announced a broad and very interesting set of new features related to merchandising, social media, user interface, administration and its actual shopping cart today. The platform enhancements include:
- Soft add-to-cart: allows customers to add products to their cart without leaving the product details page.
- Gift Registry: merchants can now offer a global gift registry to their customers.
- AddThis™ integration: enables online businesses to share products across hundreds of social media networks and news sources – including Facebook, Twitter, Kaboodle, and StumbleUpon.
- Interactive administrative interface: provides more intuitive navigation menus, tabs and tables, as well as easier order processing.
- Advanced search capabilities: provides corrections or suggestions on consumer search terms, automatic spell check functionality, and allows grouping of additional terms by keywords. Also, search results can now be refined by brand and price.
- My Rewards: a loyalty program that empowers merchants to reward their customers. Merchants can choose to offer points for products or points for cash. Merchants can also control the amount and timing of the point payout.
“As the competitive ecommerce software industry continues to evolve, vendors must remain nimble enough to keep up with market trends like social shopping and advanced search engine optimization,” said Michael Fauscette, IDC’s group vice president, Software Business Solutions. “With its latest product release, Volusion is addressing these issues that are critical to its merchant customer base. Established ecommerce SaaS vendors like Volusion are in a good position as online businesses look for simple, affordable options in the current economic climate.”
Stay up to date on the latest Internet trends:
Request a professional subscription to Website Magazine,
the most popular print publication on Web success.