Olympic Web Performance of TeamUSA.org
The Olympics will soon dominate media headlines. From across the globe, top athletes will descend upon Sochi, Russia while citizens will find ways to support their countries - one of those ways, of course, is to sport the latest in Olympic fashion and accessories - which will put the U.S. Olympic team's Web savvy up for review.
So what solutions are in use (the technology profile) at TeamUSA.org? Let's take a closer look at some highlights.
- It appears that Team USA is running on a Microsoft IIS server (IIS 7) and is using ASP.NET as its Web application framework for the website, underlying applications and XML Web services.
- The SSL certificate at TeamUSA.org is provided by GoDaddy, which also happens to provide the site's DNS services.
- Several different content delivery networks are being utilized including the Twitter CDN, Akamai, Amazon and Microsoft.
- Advertising is a primary objective of TeamUSA.org, integrating with solutions including ad networks like Turn and AppNexus, as well as data management solutions including BlueKai and Aggregate Knowledge.
- Analytics is (obviously) incredibly important to TeamUSA.org as it leverages many different tracking and management solutions, from MediaMind and MediaMath, to Google Analytics, comScore, and Adobe's SiteCatalyst.
Other providers of the technology solutions powering TeamUSA.org include:
- Ooyala: video platform
- WidgetBox: custom widgets
- AddThis: social sharing
- Emma: email marketing
- Twitter: Timeline
- Facebook: Comments, Likes