Online Advertising Quiz Time
Digital advertising today is far different than what has been available in the past; it's much faster and more efficient, but if you're not careful, it can be far more expensive too. Website Magazine readers stay up to date on all the key developments in the space in the 'Net Advertising channel at WebsiteMagazine.com, but there is always more to know. In the January 2015 edition of Website Magazine's Quiz Time, readers were tested on their familiarity with the modern advertising ecosystem and how much they really know about how it all works. Find the answers to the questions presented in that issue below.
+ When digital advertisers opt to show placements only on Web pages related to a specific topic or interest category, this is known as:
- Audience targeting
- Contextual targeting
- Behavioral targeting
+ (TRUE or FALSE): Demand-Side Platforms (DSPS) were built primarily to enable advertisers to bid on inventory across multiple exchanges programmatically, whereas Supply-Side Platforms were built to enable publishers to effectively manage/sell their inventory programmatically.
+ De-duplication occurs in display advertising when...
- too many conversions have been credited across media placements
- two ad calls are answered with matching bids
- duplicate creative calls occur on the same publisher page
- two unique users share a common user ID
+ (TRUE or FALSE) An Interstitial is a digital advertising unit that appears in the middle of a content page (including pop-ups).
+ An Ad Tag…
- Gathers basic reporting data such as impressions, time watched, etc.
- Tracks users’ activity after viewing a digital advertisement
- Gives a browser serving/interaction instructions for an advertising unit
- All of the Above