Pet Industry Goes Wild for NetSuite
The pet industry is a $53 billion market (and growing), but with 2.5 million unique visitors heading to Petco.com and even more (3.7 million) going to PetSmart.com, it's tough for independent pet companies to stand out on the Web, or elsewhere.
For this reason, several pet retailers, manufacturers and distributors have flocked to NetSuite, finding success with the company’s cloud-based commerce system.
Ruffwear, Dog Is Good, Pup-Pee Solutions and P.L.A.Y. leveraged NetSuite’s integrated suite of business management software to provide a better customer experience to prospects across channels. NetSuite offers ominchannel B2B and B2C sales, financials, inventory and order management, manufacturing and CRM functionality. The platform helps companies serve their customers better because it allows anytime access to real-time data on sales, profitability, inventory, suppliers, customers and more. In addition, NetSuite cloud eliminates issues like IT maintenance and troubleshooting so that users can focus on other areas, like inventory, expanding their brand and delivering a great omnichannel customer experience across websites, call centers, direct sales and other touchpoints. In other words, NetSuite allows these brands to compete with, well, the big dogs.
NetSuite not only helped Dog is Good, RuffWear and Pup-Pee Solutions increase efficiency and expand their brands into new markets, but also assisted Pet Lifestyle And You (P.L.A.Y.) achieve 70 percent year-over-year growth since it launched its business on NetSuite’s platform in 2010.
It is important to note that since NetSuite provides real-time business information that is available at any time, users can avoid delays of piecing data together from a variety of applications and instead make business decisions efficiently. Check out some additional benefits of the cloud-based platform:
- Users can improve supply chain operations with integrated inventory and order management. Plus, they can build demand forecasts with real-time data, which reduces excess inventory or the risk of stock outs.
- The platform provides a real-time, 360-degree view of a user’s business by integrating financials / ERP, CRM and e-commerce. This allows businesses to manage their interactions directly with consumers, other businesses and trading partners.
- NetSuite allows data to flow to wholesale distributors and their trading partners, in order to ensure communication is in sync with the same data, audit trails and real-time accuracy at every stage.
- Enables stakeholders to share container, pallet, location, forecasting, scheduling and unit-level data while collaborating on a common cloud platform.
- Allows users to manage all transactions and associated customer interactions regardless of touchpoint.
"NetSuite customers in the pet goods industry are no longer losing out on growth opportunities in fragmented environments of stovepiped applications,” said Roman Bukary, NetSuite VP and GM of manufacturing and Wholesale Distribution. “We’re gratified to see so many pet goods companies thrive in the pet goods sector by taking advantage of the benefits of cloud ERP, CRM and Ecommerce.”