Quick Conversion Rate Optimization Advice
Improving website conversions is an ongoing effort made by companies large and small (at least it should be).
Knowing which elements will help improve the ratio of people coming to a site and ultimately buying, downloading, contacting or taking any other action that an enterprise counts as their biggest win for that digital property, is difficult for even the most seasoned pros but there are some best practices to implement for sure. Craig Bloem, founder and CEO of FreeLogoServices.com, has reportedly grown his e-commerce website from zero to 30 million visitors a month over the course of just a few years. Bloem shared with Website Magazine some of his tips for increasing conversion, which can be found below.
• Calls-To-Action (CTAs): All calls-to-action must stand out in color and size. These are the most important part of any page because it delivers customers to the next stage in the conversion funnel.
• Set Goals: Determine exactly what you want your audience to do on or with your site. If your main goal is customer purchase, focus on effective ways to send them through the conversion funnel.
• Clear contrast: Make sure there is clear contrast between the functional/interactive elements and profitable CTAs. A strong hierarchy with visual weight on your CTAs ensures your audience is visually guided through your site.
• Keep Forms Short: If your forms are too long, they will detract customers from filling them out. Keep your forms short and only ask for information that is completely necessary.
• Thoughtful Copy: Make sure all copy on each page is clear, concise and necessary. Get to the point in a short form yet impactful way so as to not lose your audience’s attention.